Sunday, December 17, 2006

One week to go...


Merry (almost) Christmas!

I don't have much time for a lengthy update, but we do have some fun pictures to put up from our annual family Christmas party we went to today. We have attended this party since before Taylor was born, and it is always such a blast to see how big all of the little ones have gotten in the past year. We had some seriously good potluck food, the kids did a pinata, and then there was Indian bingo.



Taylor and Ian have one more week before school is out for winter break. They are looking forward to the time off of school, but Taylor does have her science project due when winter break is over. We're still not sure about a topic yet and she has to turn in her sheet stating the topic of her science project on Thursday! We'll be sure to update on how things are going.


Ian had a field trip to go and see a play with his school on Friday. They took the bus and it apparently went right past Panod's office. The only reason I know this is because when I picked Ian up Friday afternoon, his teacher told me that Ian started jumping up and down on the bus and yelling, "That's my daddy's work! That's my daddy's work!" Ian also had a good time at the play and said that it was very funny.


On my end of things, my last day at CVA will be on Wednesday! It has been an interesting and very educational three years working in the IT department, but it is time for me to move on to new challenges. I have been accepted to St. Kate's this fall for their Physical Therapy Assistant program. I will also be taking a few classes starting next month at a local community college in order to get the ball rolling. I am very excited to have this opportunity! I also need to say that Taylor has been a very big inspiration in making this decision. Watching her go through the motions of heading off to a new school over the last several months - how hard she has been working and the rewards she is finding in her newly found self confidence has sparked something in me. I told her how I felt the other night, and while I'm not sure she fully understood what I was trying to say, I hope that someday she will.

No comments: