Friday, May 12, 2006

What a week!

This week has just flown by! The weather went from beautiful at the beginning of the week, to down-right awful today. There have been reports of snow flurries here and the wind is blowing non-stop.

Since I had been told that the letter telling us which school Taylor had been accepted to had been put into the mail last Wednesday, I had been pestering the SPPS student placement office yesterday looking for answers. We finally received a phone call from them early this morning, and...... Taylor got into the school of our choice! Obviously I won't post the name of it here, but if you email me I can send you a link to the school, and you can check it out for yourself. We are a little nervous since the school doesn't always prove to be a good fit for every student who gets in, but for the most part we think that Taylor will be happy there. Please feel free to email her and offer your support now, and throughout the summer.

Last night we tried a new recipe for something called "Wet Burritos" & we highly recommend it! It was easy & better than many of the things I've ordered at my favorite Mexican restaurants. Here's a link to the page that I found the recipe on. We also made some really good fudge for Taylor's teacher last night. It was teacher appreciation week, and we thought that some fudge and a note of thanks would be nice. If you ever need a good fudge recipe, this one has been tested and approved!

Sorry there aren't any pictures to post today. I suspect that there will be some to post on Sunday, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Taylor is going to the school of your choice! I hope that she really likes it.