Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's official! The XC60 is here...



Anybody who knows me or has had the ability to sneek a peek at my laptop's desktop knows how I feel about the Volvo XC60 concept vehicle, which is anticipated to be released here in the states in 2009. Well, those kind Volvo folks have released pics and specs ahead of the official release of the production vehicle at the auto show in Geneva. Why Geneva? I have no idea. But the pictures are showing me things I was really hoping to see on the production vehicle. Yes, it looks very similar to its cousins - the Mazda 7, & the Ford Edge (A.K.A as the Ford E Coli in Loriland) but it is on the same platform as the Land Rover L2, and the safety technology cannot be beat. This "softroader" has won a special spot in my heart. Now let's just hope that one of the diesel engines can make it all of the way over here, too.

Please click here to read all about the good news on the Autoblog website.

02/28/08 UPDATE -

O.K., I get it now....
From Edmunds Insideline: Geneva Auto Show

"As the first international auto show of the year, the 2008 Geneva Auto Show is guaranteed to feature plenty of notable world debuts. And it's not just the latest from BMW and Mercedes either, as the Geneva auto show is known for its showcase of international designers who bring their latest concept cars to gauge public reaction."

I understand Geneva because a majority of the XC60's sales will not be here in the states, and getting the international opinion on the vehicle is likely crucial to Volvo.

No comments: