Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Lunar Eclipse!

From Moon

Check out the lunar eclipse! We were able to play with the camera enough to get a couple of really fun pictures. The kids had a blast watching the moon disappear tonight.


Kidfest at Como

We also have some pictures from Kidfest over at the Como Zoo this past weekend. There were scavenger hunts, a dance for kids, and a few of the newest baby animals received their names. Ian wanted nothing to do with dancing when we first got there, but he ended up wanting to go back and dance after a while. Taylor on the other hand could have danced the entire day away. She really does a good chicken dance! We also bumped into our neighbors while listening to the Indonesian Performing Arts Association of Minnesota. Joko and his wife, Tri, are very good friends of our neighbors, and Taylor played the Indonesian music she learned from Joko and Tri back in December.

And here's the funny for the day: it was -15 this morning when Taylor and I got out the door at 7:30am to head off to school. Yes, that is a minus sign in front of that 15. That was bad, but it got worse. Cars don't act right when it is that cold out. I don't care if it is a new car or an old car - it is going to let you know that it doesn't like that much cold. My car decided to turn on the windshield wipers by itself! Better yet, THEY WOULDN'T TURN OFF! Now, when it is that cold out and your wipers are going while you are trying to drive and your car hasn't really warmed up yet, you end up getting a very smudged windshield. I couldn't see anything and I had to pull over! It was so bad! No matter what I did they just kept on going... until I turned on my right turn signal. Silly me - I should have known!? And after I got out of class today, I called Panod to tell him what my car had done - only to have him tell me a similar story about his truck! Cars hate the cold just as much as we do.

No comments: