Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Our first Como Zoo vist of the Spring

The kids finally woke me from my Benadryl-induced coma around 10am this morning, so we got a bit of a late start on the things we had planned today. I had to make some phone calls, we had some lunch, and then we had some time to walk over to the Como Zoo before Taylor’s OT appointment this afternoon. There were new baby animals to see and many old friends to visit, too. I think that it got to 56 degrees while we were out and about – not too bad for the beginning of April!

I ended up going to a parent initiated meeting tonight about the impending move of Taylor’s school. You know it is not a good sign when it is a meeting driven by parents, during spring break. Many parents voiced frustration in the way that the situation has been handled by the school district, and many parents talked about reasons they are or why they might pull their children from the program. There was one parent who spoke highly of the move and was actually rather excited about it. I was there for two hours and I felt as run over and defeated as I had when I walked in; maybe someone else got something from it that I didn’t. Apparently there will be another meeting next week with more committees and parents present – I’ll attend, but I think our minds are already made up as far as where Taylor will be going to school next year.

On a much lighter note, here are some pictures from the zoo today:

A monkey in the Primates building
Taylor being cuteOur two monkeysThis picture is slightly blurry,
but you can still see how majestic this Lion is
The Marjory McNealy ConservatoryA sure sign of spring - pussy willows on the parkway!

No comments: