Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Books & Homework

Taylor and I both finished our books. I read Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden (ISBN: 0679781587) and she read The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis (ISBN: 0064471101.) We both enjoyed them very much and would highly recommend them both. Taylor said that she wants to start on the third book in the Narnia series ASAP! And I cannot wait to see the movie Memoirs of a Geisha now - it just came out on dvd & I've got a hold placed on it at the library. As for right now, Taylor is into a book called Flush by Carl Hiaasen (ISBN: 0375821821.) I read that one before Memoirs of a Geisha, and it was a pretty good little page-turner. There were so many tween moments in the book; it only felt right for her to give it a try. She seems to be enjoying it for now, and I'll be interested to hear her take on it. I should be starting Hoot, also by Carl Hiaasen (ISBN: 0375829164) by this weekend. Phew!

Taylor did well in OT today. And then tonight, while she was doing her homework, Ian and Panod did some of Ian's homework! Isn't that great? Tay worked on positive and negative numbers for math, and Ian worked on writing in a straight line. He was so proud to have homework! I would have taken a picture of Taylor doing her math, but she looked at me like I was crazy when I turned to aim the camera at her. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from Georgia. Aunt Barbara is happy to be able to see your blogs and learn about what you do in your days.
Grandma Sarah loved the "homework" from today. The picture is precious of Panod and Ian. We are so proud of Taylor and how hard she works on her homework.

Lori & Panod said...

Awwwww! We love y'all so much! Thanks! (Taylor is blushing) lol