Saturday, March 11, 2006


Our Saturday started off kind of slowly. Panod had to work a little today, so the kids and I headed over to Choo Choo Bob's after lunch. Taylor had never been there, and since Ian talks about it so often, she really wanted to see it. (Did I mention that they know Ian on a first-name basis? lol) We had a blast there for about an hour, and then we headed over to Tea Source where Panod met us & we hung out for a little while. I LOVED the tea I ordered - it was a green tea with toasted brown rice - yum! Our last stop of the day took us to the Library, where we grabbed a few things, put some books on hold and played with some toys for a while. I just finished the book Flush, by Carl Hiaasen, (a kid's book, but it still held my interest) and am in need of another page-turner, so I put Memoirs of a Geisha on hold. I've been told that I should read the book before I see the movie, and that the book reads quickly. And Taylor put a C.S. Lewis book on hold which is the prequel to The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe, called The Magician's Nephew. We are both looking forward to hearing those are in soon.

I tried a new recipe tonight for fried cabbage & I'll post a link here. It turned out pretty well, but I'd like to play around with it a little before I call it a true success. Please let me know if someone out there changes it up a bit and likes it, or if you have a good fried cabbage recipe you'd be willing to share.

Hope your Saturday was fruitful & fun.

No comments: