Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Pictures Finally!

Thank you, Blogger! Sheesh! It may have taken me a good half-hour to get the pictures up tonight, but I'm not going to complain. They're up!

<--Ian's artwork from school today- before the "tussle"

The Tussle
This afternoon, I got to Ian's school to pick him up and he was sitting down, finishing up his chocolate pudding with his teacher, Kari. The other children had just left for the afternoon, and Kari went into another room while I got Ian ready to go. Ian really wanted to finish his pudding and he clearly had something on his mind. He told me to sit down, so I did. He got very excited, and angry and explained that Raleigh (another little boy in the class) had punched him in the nose and pushed him down today! He was clearly mad, and before I could say, "Really?", he went on to explain that it hurt when Raleigh punched him in the nose, so he got up and pushed Raleigh down! By this time, Kari had come back into the room and kind of chuckled. She explained to me that she had not witnessed the "little altercation", but that it had all been explained to the other boy's mother by one of the teachers that had witnessed it. I was shocked! Ian's first fight!? I still wasn't very clear on what had happened and Kari had to run to another class before I could ask her any more questions, so I asked Ian...
"Ian, why was Raleigh so mad? Why did he punch you in the nose?"
Ian replied, "He was eating bad snow, and I told him not to eat bad snow!"
Me, "O.K." (Still confused)
Ian, "And I hit him!"
"You what!? You hit Raleigh? In the nose?!"
Ian went on to explain that Raleigh had started it, and that Raleigh was the one who got a time out because of what happened- not Ian. It is still not all clear to me, but I got the feeling that Ian was very proud of standing up for himself. When I called Panod and explained that Ian had been in his first "tussle" today, he asked if Ian was upset that he had gotten caught pushing the other boy. I said, "No, I think he's just mad that he didn't hit him more!" Needless to say, we sat down and had a chat with Ian tonight about going and finding the teacher when something like that happens - and NOT HITTING, even if someone hits him first! His favorite thing to say now is, "Raleigh is crazy!" He's been saying that since I picked him up this afternoon.

After picking up Ian, he and I ran a few errands, and then we went to pick up Taylor. We all decided, after getting home and having a snack, that it was too nice to stay inside - so we hit the playground! It really is amazing how warm 40 degrees can feel! I actually saw people (with cold legs) in shorts today!

Taylor had her Girls Only class tonight, and they had a blast! They are getting ready to put on a fashion show next week, so they practiced doing their hair tonight. Taylor looked amazing, and she knew it, too! lol Her teacher is so amazing with these girls. Ian and I will see her tomorrow for his Sporties for Shorties class.




I took this picture of the sun going down next to the capital tonight while Taylor was in class. It is kind of dark, but still kind of pretty...

No comments: